I know, when one sees an “Empties” post one can think “hmm this will be interesting!” or possibly “oh no here we go again!” It can get a bit repetitious, I’ll admit, but I’m going to continue with it for now because it gives me an opportunity to review products that I may have overlooked or forgotten about in between my other posts! This means there still could be some very useful information in here for you.
Behold, my July empties!
What have we got here? Moving from L-R, top to bottom:
- Hello Kitty Diamond Gloss – not bad, previously reviewed over here.
- Aveeno shower gel – a really nice product and reviewed here (that review has been really popular lately – there must be a lot of Aveeno fans out there! ).
- Lots of Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes – reviewed over here; I’ve taken a pack with me to Bali as they are nice and refreshing for use any time (especially in humid weather).
- Cover Girl clean liquid foundation – I’ve been using this foundation almost daily for over 10 years. Cheap and effective, never breaks me out. Approx. $15 AUD and often on sale at Coles, Target, and other discount department stores. I always go for the fragrance free version.
- A Diva head band – picked up 5 of these for $3 AUD a while back…. This was my favourite one! :’( Only buy these when on sale, the quality isn’t so great
- Coles makeup remover pads – not bad for less than AUD $3 when I bought them! However, they are a bit thin and so I’ve upgraded to a brand that is MUCH better – review to come!
- NARS Firming Foundation in shade Deauville- this is a beautiful product. Goes on smoothly, lasts well, and provides a fresh and only slightly dewy finish (so you won’t look like an oil slick!). The full size, 30mL, RRP in Australia is $50-$70. Worth it if you are OK with investing quite a bit in your foundation. (I’m not as I use it almost daily!) Here’s a zoomed in pic so it’s easier to identify:
- Grown Vanilla & Orange Peel hand cream – lovely lovely lovely! Previously reviewed over here.
- Olay Complete Defence daily UV moisturising lotion for Sensitive skin – my TOP day cream pick for combination to oily skin. Have been using this product for over a year now and will continue to do so. I can often get it on sale at Coles for $10 AUD. It’s light but sufficiently hydrating and you get the necessary SPF help. A more detailed review is over here.
- Garnier Mineral Invisi-Calm deodorant - not bad, but not super-duper awesome! But then I am always on the quest for the “perfect” deodorant! Check out my review of a similar deodorant in their range over here.
- BYS nail polish in Pink Panic – a great neon pink that lasts reasonably well with a top coat. Picked it up for $2 AUD at Kmart over a year ago (!).
What do you think of my “empties” posts? Be honest!
If people absolutely hate them I’ll have a second think about it, but if the response is positive or neutral I’ll keep on going.