Hi everyone! I apologise for not posting on Sunday as I usually do; we’ve had a public holiday today and so on Sunday I decided to postpone things till now. It’s funny because what I’m posting about today is meant to be something to do on a Friday, and I’m doing this on a Monday, just like the #FF (Follow Friday) on Twitter that I always do on a Monday! (Which ive renamed accordingly as #fm or #FollowMonday )…
I hope you’ve all had a great weekend, public holiday or not!
I discovered this photo meme idea on Lost In Omo!, a wonderfully quirky blog. Marti, Lost In Omo‘s author, drew her inspiration for this themed post from Yumeko at A Dream of Tokyo ; another blog well worth reading. (Yumeko is based in Japan and writes about beauty as well as many other topics.) I’ve decided to join in the fun and thought this would be something a bit different for you, dear readers!
(It also gave me an awesome excuse to try out some new photo prettying software on my new iPad -yay! )
So what is it all about? In a nutshell…. Makeup – take photos of your most reached for items over the past week and tell readers about them. Random – photograph something from each of the specified categories and tell readers about them! Like Marti I thought I’d do both the Makeup and Random memes.
Let’s get cracking!
With any of the images in this post, click on them to see a larger version!
I’ve cheated a bit here by including all the products in one photo but I thought these particular products looked better all together!
In the past week I’ve regularly been reaching for, L to R, top to bottom:
- Foundation – Face of Australia’s lasting looks natural foundation SPF 15. I was fortunate to receive this at a recent Adelaide Beauty Bloggers swap. It’s a great product in that it has SPF and sets with a matte-ish finish. However I think it has contributed to the horrible breakout I’ve had this week! (It’s weird but for me I can’t wear some SPF products on my face. Nevertheless I keep trying them!)
- Mascara – Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express. Disappointing product; in my view no better then their Great Lash mascara that I’ve been using for years which I like a lot, yet you have to pay a lot more. Won’t be repurchasing The Falsies.
- Lips – Kiehl’s Lip Gloss in Earth Day. A fantastic product that I also picked up at the recent swap (thanks ladies!). Nice amount of colour (sheer, bit of shimmer not over the top), not sticky, lasts reasonably well for a gloss.
- Powder – Prestige Skin Loving Minerals in Light. Hehe I rave about this product all the time (more thorough review here).
- Eyeshadow and blush – I like versatile products and Nutrimetics’ Marble Rouge in Jupiter is no exception (thorough review here). Apply to a cheek, then give the eyelid on same side a swish (as not much product left on brush by that stage), then do the same the other side. Gives a hint of colour for a very natural look. My go to product on a work morning or for a casual outing! Going to buy more.
- Brows – La Pensee eyebrow powder. I picked this up in my latest Japan eBay mini haul and love it. Bargain product, works well, and lasts for ages! When I saw the brush I thought that it wouldn’t last long, but no problems so far despite almost daily use. Will repurchase this one for sure!
Plushie/toy – I received these cuties from my boyfriend Mr R a few years ago, when we were on holidays in Sydney. They’re from the anime Moyashimon.
Food/snack/meal – these taste way better than they look! These are dried squid strips that you can dip in chilli or other sauces. A nice snack with a beer or in front of the TV.
Stationery – I’m not sure if this counts but I was excited to receive my order of new business cards for my blog!
Something you wear – I’ve been wearing the above things a lot lately. The coat due to the freezing weather (bargain – picked this up at Target for approx. $40 during a 40% off sale!) and braclets/bangles as I bought them recently and am wearing them a lot as they are so pretty (I think!).
Random – this is a cute fridge magnet that I bought at a stall in my local shopping centre. They had mini croissants and other cool “cakes” to choose from too.
I might buy some more to decorate my fridge further!
If you blog, why not give Yumeko’s idea a try? Feel free to pop a link to your meme post in the comments here so I can check it out! And VISIT YUMEKO AND MARTI’S BLOGS! (Not shouting, just encouraging ))
Wishing everyone a lovely week ahead… I have some good news – I got the extra product relevant information I needed; what I had planned to post about last week will now be appearing later this week for sure!
What do you think of this post?
What would you have chosen as your “Random” or any other picture in this meme theme?