Yay the time has come…. *Drumroll please* It’s My Beauty Diary post time kids!
As explained in my introduction to this little series of posts, I’d like to step interested readers through how to use these masks as well as review a broad range of mask sheets from the brand. Tonight’s post is devoted to an explanation of the properties of a variety of the masks in their range, to help you select the ones most suited to your skin’s needs, as well as how to most effectively use the masks in this range regardless of type. I also want to draw your attention to the proliferation of fake products out there!
My Beauty Diary is a Taiwanese brand of mask sheets and as such most information is in Chinese. Consequently I’ve only been able to source my information from posts in English. If you know of additional information about these masks that I haven’t mentioned, particularly if you can read Chinese, please share with us!
If you cannot buy these locally they are available on eBay and via online retailers such as My Beauty Diary Mask* (mybeautydiarymask.com).
I found a very nifty comparison table at mybeautydiarymask.com . Keep in mind this list is not exhaustive, as My Beauty Diary release new varieties regularly.
How do I use these masks?
A number of sites were consistent with My Beauty Diary Mask’s advice in this regard. As such the typical recommended steps are:
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly.
- Peel backing sheet off of mask and apply mask to face.
- Excess serum can be smoothed onto neck, decolletage, and so forth (I like to also put it on my hands!).
- Relax and leave mask on for 20 minutes.
- Remove mask and gently massage face so that excess serum is absorbed. (I find there is so much serum that I like to lightly tissue excess off after massaging my face.)
- Apply toner and moisturiser as usual. (I personally use my toner after the cleansing step, prior to applying the mask. Do what suits you best.)
- Use daily for best results. (I differ here too – I tend to use them weekly due simply due to my busy schedule. Wouldn’t mind having the time and budget to use daily, however! )
Watch out for fake My Beauty Diary masks!
In doing my research I came across some concerning information. Unfortunately fakes are being produced and it can be hard to distinguish these from the genuine product unless you know the range well. Don’t gamble with your skin and take the time to learn more about how to identify the genuine product. I found two great posts which include detailed explanations and photography to help with this. Whilst they aren’t super recent they are still relevant and there are plenty of comparison photos which is important! Check them out at Rinny’s Beauty Diary and Sunnanz.
Of course, if shopping online sellers can use pics of genuine products so you may think you are getting the real thing but end up with a fake. Unfortunately there’s not much you can do to prevent this but at least you can then ask for a refund, and you’ve saved your skin from potential damage as you never know what’s really in a fake product.* I have no affiliation with mybeautydiarymask.com and have not tried products from their store.
Have you found this post useful or interesting? Do you think you’ll try this mask range out? Gimme some feedback people!